|Richard commenced practice in 1976 and has over 40 years experience specialising in industrial relations and employment law. He became a founding partner of the firm in 1987.
His work has been principally for employers; employer bodies and senior executives.
Richard has been involved in a broad range of industrial relations matters which include:
- the conducting of investigations into workplace issues;
- award and enterprise agreement negotiations, hearings and approvals;
- prosecutions for award or agreement breaches;
- Industrial and Discrimination Tribunal hearings;
- Supreme, Federal and High Court litigation;
- civil actions for the restraint of union conduct and damages;
- actions for the recovery of award and statutory entitlements;
- no strike and majority support applications; and
- restraint of trade proceedings including preliminary discovery applications.
He has also advised clients on a range of employment issues including:
- drafting employment and workplace agreements;
- termination of employment contracts;
- unfair dismissal and adverse action claims;
- occupational health and safety;
- discrimination matters; and
- occupational superannuation.
Richard has acted for employers in the coal, forestry, pastoral, finance and broadcasting industries and for a number of government authorities. Amongst a number of High Court matters, he was the solicitor for Bryan Pape in his High Court challenge to the tax bonus legislation in 2009, in relation to which refer to the Article on the Publications Page of this website.
Richard has been a member of the Employment Law Committee of the Law Society of New South Wales for many years. He is also the Chairman of an independent school.
Richard's email address is email@example.com